Need Rowing Practice During Summer

willxt

Howdy

My name is Will and I'm a college rower in New York. I'm trying to find a place to row during the summer since the school season has ended. So if anybody or anywhere would allow me to join the summer practice/training, that would be great!

Thank you!

Will

Hey Will,

Welcome to the community bro. There are a few clubs in the area that you can reach out to, it just depends what level of intensity you're looking for and where you're located. If your'e in Manhattan or the boroughs, there's Row New York, which operates out of the Peter Jay Sharp boathouse in Harlem. I don't think they have much in the way of a collegiate sweep program, but I think they're trying to expand so give them a try. If you're in Westchester, there's Pelham Community Rowing Association, which actually does have a competitive summer sweep program for not that much money. Then there's the NY Athletic Club if you're looking for some serious training. I have Kevin Murphy's contact info if you want to reach out to him about; most likely he's already got a summer roster, and he might not look at you unless you're lightweight...but he's been known to make exceptions if you've got the 2k time.

Feel free to contact me if you want to talk about any of these clubs or bounce off some other ideas. You can reach me at Brian_Marricco@post.harvard.edu.

Best,

Brian

• Like 1