Arrival Time Friday - Training

duracell

Hi folks,

Do we have any idea what time would be sensible to get everyone to the rowing course at Ghent on Friday to start sorting the boats out?

We'll be travelling from Antwerp if there's any other rowers that want to join us on the train!

Lisa

(The Argos)

The latest email from Dennis Peeters of the OutGames includes an attachment that says that accreditation will start at 13h00 on Friday and training will be 14h00 to 20h00. Is this a mistake or is this the new time?

Thanks! and THANK YOU for all that you are doing to make this happen!

Alex Zilka

Chicago Rowing Union

Hi Alex,

I just saw that email and I am doing one of those head in hands moments.

Well, since we (GLRF) are running the accreditation, I am pretty sure that time will be 09h00, as promised, and going all day.

When the Regatta Secretary and I put together the boat rental information, I posed a series of questions for him to answer, one of which was the training hours for Friday. He specifically told me 09h00 - 22h00.

I have an email in to him right now to see if we can truly, finally, at last get a definitive word on something, anything .............. arrrgggghhhhhhhh :o

Brian

Latest update: email reply from the Regatta Secretary on the question if rowers can train starting at 09h00, was:

Brian,

Training can be on friday - even from the morning on...

Regards,

Mike

So that was nebulous and not really an answer so then we went back with:

So can we tell people that they can train as early as 09h00?

And that email was answered with:

I am trying to get my crew together for the friday morning...

So we still don't quite know for sure ..........! :huh:

Thanks for following up Brian

If you could possibly email us (or me anyway) when we have an answer on arrival time that would be great! I prob won't be accessing this website much more and an email would be easier. I'm trying to coordinate the Aussies to be at the train station together, and emailed them yesterday based on a 2pm start. If we can arrive earlier that would be awesome!

many thanks (and sensible for those of us wondering why the sun's out when the moon should be up of course ;-)

Okay, it is now confirmed, both rower checkin and boat rental/training will begin around 09h00 (when we say 'around,' we mean that we will have to return the GLRF rental car first in downtown Gent), but we hope to be there as close to 09h00 as possible)

So those who are eager to get on the water early, you can!

Don't forget the coaches (team captain or everyone) meeting set for 20h00.

Where you ask? Just past the Koninklijke Roeivereniging Club Gent at the finish tower.