Accreditation - Aka Checkin

glrfcentral

Procedures for accreditation are being finalized by the Outgames staff. Word on the dock is that they will have a desk or area setup at the Antwerpen Centraal train station.

What works best for the rowers? GLRF had considered the issue earlier this summer and wondered if people might feel compelled to go to Antwerp to get their participation badges and then head to Gent, an unnecessary up and back.

So we volunteered to provide on-site check in for the rowers on Friday at the regatta venue. The Outgames staff was thrilled at our offer and is planning to have all the rowers badges prepared in advance on Thursday and they would be taken to Gent.

Does that work for you or your teams?

Would love some help with the rower checkin on Friday. Just like you, I need to get some practice time on the water. If I'm glued to the desk all day, I won't get any!

Any volunteers?

Awesome to see this -- we were trying to figure this out by emailing the WOGA staff, but they are not aware that you are doing this (at least the people I emailed with). Would be good to spread the word so that teams who are not connected here can find out the info.

I would be happy to volunteer my time on Friday for registration once I'm able to straighten out boat rentals, etc. Brian, I will look for you and introduce myself.

Chris Paul

SF Bay Blades

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the help! Yes, I have asked the Outgames sports department to send an official email to all the participants about the "checkin" (I hate that word accreditation) ... so everyone knows.

I asked them to do that ... last Tuesday. Their email blasts seem to get delayed. It is very frustrating ... :wacko:

You have no idea what is going on behind the scenes right now. It is like a scene from an Indiana Jones movie and I am Indy, stuck on a rickety rope ladder over a rushing river while I try to help the Outgames on one side of the river and the Regatta Secretary on the other side of the river ...

Thanks again and look forward to meeting you.

Brian