Competitive Exercise During Pregnancy

Posted by the GLRF Team on behalf of a non-GLRF member:

My name is Ashley Franklin, and I am a medical student at the University of Central Florida conducting research within the College of Medicine and the Department of Anthropology on women’s health. As a rower of almost nine years at the Youth, Collegiate, and Masters levels, I have a strong interest in how women balance their competitive exercise pursuits with everyday life. My project examines the beliefs of female, United States rowers about competitive exercise during pregnancy and to explore the training patterns of those who have children. I am interested in speaking to women between the ages of 21 and 49 years old who are rowers at the Masters, Senior, and/or Elite levels. You do not have to be pregnant to participate. A research study flyer and explanation of research are attached. Participation in this study will be based upon an online survey-questionnaire lasting approximately 15-30 minutes and/or a semi-structured interview lasting no longer than one hour.

Exercise during pregnancy study flyer.pdf

Survey Consent Form and Summary of Research.pdf

The survey will be open as long as it takes to get 300 participants, which will hopefully be by August.

Link to survey:

https://ucfcom.qualt...8qYyvG780tec1Ol

Thank you for your help,

Ashley Franklin

Ashley L. Franklin, MS-2

University of Central Florida

College of Medicine

alfranklin@knights.ucf.edu