Age Categories And Mixed Crews

glrfcentral

We're starting to think about our crews for Antwerp and one question has arisen. We have a couple of people who are under 27.

Are they eligible to take part in crews so long as the total average age is over 27, or are they restricted to their own S1 + S2 category?

For example, I might do a mixed 2x, which would make our average age 29 (other rower is 25).

First, I don't think it was presented as definitively as it could have been. Mixed crews are only for the 500m. 8+ Dash. All other entries for the 1,000m. open and masters events are restricted to men-only and women-only. Now, as to the question of women racing in a men-only event, we can discuss the idea with the regatta committee.

Second, you asked about average ages. Given the relatively small number of entries, I would anticipate the age groupings to expand so that events are well subscribed. However, as it is right now, the idea of S1 and S2 age categories was to avoid the presence of ringers in the A categories or possibly the B categories.

I hope that answers your questions.