2 Days Of Competition Please!

duracell

Hi folks,

I noticed in the lastest rowing newsletter there is some discussion of only 1 day of competition racing. We have around 24 rowers coming from Australia, and people have already commented they woudl be very dissapointed to have only one days worth of racing...

Hopefully you will have enough entries and events to ensure two full days of compeition!

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hey duracell: During my visit to Europe in March, I met with rowers in Amsterdam, Berlin, Copenhagen, and Paris. Having two days of rowing was one of the urgent requests from some of the other rowers as well. I passed along those passionate pleas to the sports department at the World Outgames. I even said if we needed to shorten the competition days, please do that so that rowers can have a full and satisfying drink of rowing.

Please do encourage the other rowers to register with GLRF and join this group. We have two big poll topics and we would like to get as much input as possible from as many of the rowers who plan to compete in Ghent.

- Brian

• 2 weeks later...
Yes two days of rowing please the trip from Australia is a long way to only have a one day regatta and as Duracell points out most of us have planned and made arrangements for this some time back.
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Brian, sounds good.

Just wanted to through another suggestion in there (if you're struggling to have enough partciicpants to flesh out two days), one of the good formats for a regional regatta here in Victoria, for a two day event is:

750m races (which could be 1000m) races on the saturday (mixed & male/female)

500m sprints on the Sunday. (mixed/male/female)

We're also still really keen to see more mixed races on offer in the fours/quads or doubles.

Breaks it into two separate regattas.

The social row on the Monday through the canals sounds lovely!