Registering On The 2013 Outgames Website

glrfcentral

I just finished registering myself on the 2013 WOG website. It isn't as intuitive as you might expect.

The first part, add your name and address, is easy enough. Even the second part, pick a sport, seems fine at first glance and when you click on rowing, the explanation about the later electronic regatta registration is clear but then the trouble starts.

The issue is that once you click rowing, and it asks you for your preferred boats (which by the way you are not bound to fulfill as this is not the regatta registration - it's basically the organizing committee's attempt at a survey of boats needed and size of rowers) ... then you hit accept and to me at least, you're left "holding the bag."

There's no message that says "thanks, you're registered for rowing" or a next button that says now go here ... the key is to scroll back up to the top of the page and look for this:

wog2013_registration.jpg

Now click on 'Shopping Cart' and you'll see rowing and your participant fee. Again, this is not intuitive, like going to a shopping cart on any ecommerce site and before checkout, they ask you to add your discount code. Instead you have to click on 'Activate Vouchers' and add your voucher ...

But you're still not done. Then you need to go back to 'Shopping Cart' and click on 'Activate Voucher' which will finally give you the discounted total.

Then you can proceed to checkout.