Antwerp Racing Schedule

neochen

Our members have asked me a few more questions about Antwerp and I was hoping we could get an answer.

In Copenhagen, there were both Open and Masters races. Hence I actually rowed in the 8+ and the 4- as both Open and Masters.

Antwerp is only offering Masters races with the normal A-J age categories as well as two S categories forv18-26. At US Masters Nationals this year, I raced in both a C category 4+ and a B category 4+ because despite being the same boat, the races were spread out.

Do you know if the schedule will be set with all the age categories in a singe boat type racing together or will try be spread out over the two days. In other words, if I only sweep row, am I only going to be able to race in one 8 and one 4?

Very few of our members scull and so we are trying to determine how many race events everyone can enter.

Thanks!

Thanks for the post because it made us realize the Regatta Details page had a huge omission!

First, there will be both Open and Masters races.

Second, the race schedule has not been published yet because the Regatta Organizing Committee (ROC) won't open the electronic regatta registration system until late spring, probably May 2013. Separating the regatta registration system from the Outgames registration system was done at the urging of GLRF after watching the torture and absolute misery that the regatta committees had to endure at the 2006 and 2009 Outgames, and also at the 2006 Gay Games. Getting the databases to work properly involves so much unnecessary work that Antwerp went with the easy decision - let the rowers register directly through electronic registration.

With that said, we don't know for sure what the race schedule will look like but given the fact that the rowing sports fee allows people to enter up to 4 events, we will make every effort to lobby the ROC to ensure all participants can 'fill' their quota of races. Your request is not extraordinary. There are similar racing requests at many regattas and most if not all ROC's will try to spread out the races so everyone can maximize their chances of rowing in multiple events.

• 3 months later...
Antwerp is only offering Masters races with the normal A-J age categories as well as two S categories forv18-26. At US Masters Nationals this year, I raced in both a C category 4+ and a B category 4+ because despite being the same boat, the races were spread out.

Do you know if the schedule will be set with all the age categories in a singe boat type racing together or will try be spread out over the two days. In other words, if I only sweep row, am I only going to be able to race in one 8 and one 4?

Following up on the GLRF meeting/conference call in Antwerp on 05 Mar 2013 with the Regatta Organizing Committee and the Outgames Sports Coordinator, this issue was discussed. With the set limit of 4 races that each participant can enter, every effort will be made to spread out the races.

The ROC, in finalizing the race schedule just a week or two before the regatta, will look at all entries and scan names. "Every effort will be made to spread out the races so the participants will be able to race with adequate time inbetween events." They said this is done all the time and it is no problem.