Interest In A Boston 4+

stunami

Fellow Athletes,

Getting excited about the outgames in Antwerp, and I'm interested in finding some other masters rowers who want to participate.

I'll be 45 as of the regatta next year, port, I pull a 6:40 2K on the erg, many years rowing and coaching experience, and I love to compete. I don't know what the age breakdowns will be, if any, or whether everyone of every age are all competing against one another. (And maybe it's too early to start this discussion?)

Any other Bostonians interested in getting a crew together? I might have another guy from my home team who rows starboard... We could be really fast by next year!

Stunami

post-1290-0-70256500-1338810877_thumb.jpg

@Stunami:

Great that you are planning for the regatta. But ... and here we go, Europe is not big on 4+'s, at all! We'll try to have a 4+ category at the event but can't promise.

Oh yeah, there are plenty of 4-'s for everyone and their brother's questioning straight friend but you need to accept this as a European thing ... the 4+'s just makes European rowers frown and shake their heads.

:)

Oops lol!

Well thanks for the heads up! Do you have any idea what events they will be offering, and if so, will that list of events be posted here?

Thanks again for the information.

Stu

We're still in discussions on the dates, events, and format. As soon as we have finalized list, we'll post it here or link from here to the Featured Regattas section of Regattas +
  • 10 months later...

I appreciate the comments above in regards to the original post but also to the follow up posts.

With that I appreciate that locally 4+ events may not be common in Europe however given that this is an event that tries to encourage Gay and lesbian rowers to join and participate from around the world, then wouldn't it be prudent to try encourage that for those from other regions like the United States and Australia where 4+ events are seen as a norm?

This is my first attendance at an Outgames, however I do believe that in Copenhagen allowances where made to accommodate this category and those of us from other regions where 4+ rowing is the norm.