Any Gay, Lesbian Rowers Out There From Pnw?

yankinbc

Hello -

Former Seattle resident now living in metro Vancouver, BC. Getting back into rowing at a local club and would like to find out about gay and lesbian rowers in my area as well as the rest of BC, Oregon, and Washington. Have some exciting ideas planned with GLRF but I need to know about other gay and lesbian rowers/coxes/coaches here in the Pacific Northwest. If there is enough interest, maybe forming a gay or a mixed gay & lesbian rowing team down the road (or should I say 'on-the-water'...). Hope to hear from some of you.

Scott

yankinbc

post-1218-0-80591500-1315194295_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...

Hello -

Former Seattle resident now living in metro Vancouver, BC. Getting back into rowing at a local club and would like to find out about gay and lesbian rowers in my area as well as the rest of BC, Oregon, and Washington. Have some exciting ideas planned with GLRF but I need to know about other gay and lesbian rowers/coxes/coaches here in the Pacific Northwest. If there is enough interest, maybe forming a gay or a mixed gay & lesbian rowing team down the road (or should I say 'on-the-water'...). Hope to hear from some of you.

Scott

yankinbc

Hello! I have just joined GLRF, so am not familiar with navigating... I am a gay rower down here in Seattle, rowing at LWRC. Been rowign with a great crew for 10+ years.. gay friendly team. we had another gay guy and one lesbian (our captain), but they are on hiatus and our numbers are way down this year. We row in the evening. My hope is to recruit some of the gay rowers who work in tech-heavy South Lake Union, which is nearby. I am hoping to post a similar "call" to try to get some Seattle rowers to come check out the LWRC Evening League...

• 9 months later...

Any interest in starting an All Oars group for the Seattle area?

For those who don't know, the All Oars Network has lots of features: calendars, forums, and groups. The groups are meant to bring people together, either based on age, gender, focus (juniors/university/elite), or for a geographic area.

Since Seattle has so many rowers, it would make sense to start a group. Any feelings?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello! I have just joined GLRF, so am not familiar with navigating... I am a gay rower down here in Seattle, rowing at LWRC. Been rowign with a great crew for 10+ years.. gay friendly team. we had another gay guy and one lesbian (our captain), but they are on hiatus and our numbers are way down this year. We row in the evening. My hope is to recruit some of the gay rowers who work in tech-heavy South Lake Union, which is nearby. I am hoping to post a similar "call" to try to get some Seattle rowers to come check out the LWRC Evening League...

Scott, are you still rowing with the LWRC Evening League? I just joined LWRC this month and am in the T/Th evening rowing - perhaps we've met! Are you the Scott who coxed for us this week through Duck Dodge? Either way, it would be great to get together with other G+L rowers in the club.

• 1 year later...

Hey there.

I'm a PRC member and looking for rowers or people to erg with. Looks like this thread has been silent for a while but posting on the off chance that this is seen by a Seattle rower.

Cheers