Forming A Women's Group For The Sf-Bay Area?

Hey GLRF Women Rowers in the Bay Area:

Just got an email from Heather at the Bay Area reporter:

My name is Heather Cassell and I am a freelance journalist with BARtab, the Bay Area Reporter’s new nightlife and entertainment guide. I am working on an article about San Francisco Bay Area queer girl team sports and their sponsors for the March issue. I’m wondering if there are any lesbian rowing teams in the bay area. If there are I’m interested in interviewing the coach, manager, team members, and sponsor for my article.

My deadline is Friday, February 11 at 5pm. I can be contacted at 415-221-3541 or heather@whimsymedia.com.

Thank you for your assistance and time with this article. I look forward to speaking with someone soon.

Warm regards,

Heather

I replied that although there were a lot of women rowers in the Bay Area, there were no chick-specific rowing teams but that I would send out a targeted email to all of you in case any of you wanted to contact her. After I sent the email, I thought why not use this email as a catalyst to form a women's group on Network Now! for rowers in the Bay Area?

I am happy to facilitate the formation of the group and help any of you get up to speed. The groups are a great way to network and establish a community in a local area. You can share club socials or form squads for regattas, or even have a womens rowing hoo ha, as ideas. Rather than my coming up with some lame gay-guy for women group name, why not offer your input with a suggested group name here in this topic? For ideas, you can see some of the group names that are already in place on Network Now!

http://glrf.info/NetworkNow/

Cheers,

Brian Todd