Airport Selection

DPH2002

With one Miami Rowing Festival under my belt, and having flown in to Fort Lauderdale Airport last February, I can recommend that everyone choose MIA as your airport of choice. There is a super cheap, super fast 'airport flyer' bus directly from the airport to Miami Beach. See this link.

I tried to save money last year by using a free ticket on Jet Blue, arriving at Fort Lauderdale airport. I then had to catch one bus to get to the train, then catch that train to first one wrong stop, reboard the train southbound to the correct stop, cross over the tracks and have the likes of Rufus Scrimgeour (Harry Potter reference) muttering (I'm being totally serious) that I should make haste for this is a dangerous area. I walked to the bus stop, waited 45 minutes for the bus and eventually got to my hotel. What a total hassle and not exactly safe.

Yes, you can always rent a car at Fort Lauderdale airport but it is quite a drive to Miami Beach and there, you can use buses that run between South and North Miami Beach all the time.

As to West Palm Beach airport, that is even further north and just more of a challenge to get your tired self to Miami Beach.