Advice For A New Person..

Hey there

My name is Murray I am 35 and am keen to take up rowing again - I did row alot as a sea scout but that was aged 11-13 so a long time ago. So I guess 'm a beginner to all intents and purposes.

I live near Greenwich, and was hoping for some advice on best places to look for a place ina rowing club that wpul d be suitable for someone of my ability etc - so any advice most welcome!!

Good to hearf orm anyone in general too like to meet new people :)

Hope to hear back soon

Happy Monday

Murray

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Murray,

The place you want to start is on Network Now & join the New Rowmantics, the London group. They have been getting out on the water regularly, boating from Hammersmith, but I don't know if they are really in a position to take on many new novices.

The nearest clubs to you, are Globe & Poplar, but I don't know how they would be. The next nearest is Lea RC, which is where I am based & I've never had any problems (but then I'm not a bloke so that may well make a difference).

Good luck

Helen

• 3 months later...

HI Helen

Many thanks!!

Sorry haven't logged on for ages - but am now nearing the end of the beginners course at Globe rowing club in Greenwich - all good our 5th river outing next Sat!!

Will definately look at joining the Rowmantics to - thanks again for the info and take care

Murray

Hi Murray,

The place you want to start is on Network Now & join the New Rowmantics, the London group. They have been getting out on the water regularly, boating from Hammersmith, but I don't know if they are really in a position to take on many new novices.

The nearest clubs to you, are Globe & Poplar, but I don't know how they would be. The next nearest is Lea RC, which is where I am based & I've never had any problems (but then I'm not a bloke so that may well make a difference).

Good luck

Helen