You Guys Are Awesome!

jwadden

Hey GLRF,

I was just at the Charles and heard about your booth. Because my coach wasn't allowing any rowers to walk around, I didn't get to go check you guys out but some of my teammates kept telling me about this "Gay and Lesbian Rowing Federation" and WOW! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME! I'm an out gay rower on the Williams College 1V. I walked onto the team my Freshman year and came out to them after winning the New Englands Novice 8+ in the Spring. That next season we won the HOCR and the New England Championships and had a repeat HOCR victory this year! I've been out for a year and a half here at school and have been working against homophobia in sports and so any information you guys have about programming or resources to fight stereotypes and homophobia in sports would be great. Anyway, keep up the good work; without people like you I wouldn't be rowing today so thank you, thank you, thank you for all you've done.

Sincerely,

Jack Wadden

7 seat

Williams College Crew

• 1 month later...
congratulations on your 2nd hocr win! very cool! glad you found glrf! hope you connect with some other cool out rowers! you should think about coming to the miami rowing festival in february! that's great that you came out while rowing in college, wish i had done the same thing back then!