Cant Post Our Regatta

mellonell

Hi Guys as a newbie to this site, let me say that I'm excited to find it. I would like to post the Head of Des Moines, Regatta in the Regatta Section, the the Submit button to the left isn't there. I am the co-chair of the Regatta and would love to have as many Out Active RowerS as possible. The regatta is on September 26th and listed at Regatta Central. Any help in getting it listed would be useful.

Thanks,

Gary

Hi Gary,

Thanks for joining GLRF and welcome!

The regattas that are listed in the Regattas + section are participants in the GLRF Diversity in Rowing Regatta Partnership Programme. It is a fee-based product that we offer to promote regattas that actively welcome gay and lesbian rowers in an openly accepting environment. The fee is normally $280 and it includes a full, dedicated page on the GLRF website to help promote the regatta, as well as a separate message board forum, the Seat Search database feature, and a continuous listing in our monthly newsletter.

The reason for the fee is two-fold: it takes a fair amount of work to generate the page and all the connected parts, and we want to attach a significant value to the phrase "openly accepting environment." To us that means commonly accepted forms of public displays of affection are not just tolerated but accepted so that two women can hold hands or kiss without fear of retribution [in other words, a stomping Mom that comes screaming to the regatta organizers about immorality having seen two men with their arms around each other will be shown the door rather than quietly ask the two men to "tone it down."]

Given the near term of your regatta, we can try to shave that fee for you. However, you can always list your regatta, as it certainly is an event, in the calendar section. Just go to the US page of the GLRF website, look for the 'GLRF United States Calendar,' and click on the line that submit an event line. The US Calendar will open. Scroll down to the bottom and click where it says add new event. Choose single event for one day or choose ranged event for more than one day.

Let us know that you posted the event and we'll review and approve it for the calendar. The event will appear on the GLRF US country page and it will appear in the summary of events in the MY GLRF page.

Thanks for your patience and especially for your interest.

Brian Todd