London crews for Copenhagen?

Hi everyone,

I've just moved to London and am looking to join a club here... any tips on good ones / gay friendly ones greatly apreciated!

I'm also interested to see if anyone is organising a group for the Outgames in Copenhagen next August?  I've just moved back home from Australia and attended the Asia-Pacific regional Outgames in Melbourne last year and it was phenomenal, so I'm sure Copenhagen will be even better.

Seeing as rowing is not a sport at the Gay Games in Cologne in 2010 I really wanna go to Copenhagen.  Anyone want to train, form a crew and come too??????

Anyone even out there???!  :D

Drop me a line if you are,

If not, I'll be the Pom in the single next year - look out for me!

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Hey GLRF London rowers, and others in SE, and East:

No sooner had I sent the community digest highligting this post than I read an email from the folks at the Outgames about an event this Friday night at the Enclave.  Check out either the main CALENDAR page of the GLRF website, or visit the GLRF Ireland or United Kingdom pages and look in the The Isles Calendar, and you'll see the link for the details about the reception.  When did this email go out? On Thursday, 21 August, just 8 days before the event. *sigh*... boyz, can we talk? !!! I mean c'mon, the London crowd is not exactly sitting around on their hands week to week and day by day.  A little more heads up would have been nice...

Hi Mark

The is a rowing club in London Orion, not sure if they still row from time to time and I don't know if they competing these days.

I was a member of the club a few years ago but it started to slow down once the captain at the time resined.

Communication stopped. I know a few keen rowers at the time became frustrated and just didn't bother any more shame has a good support of active members who was keen to row and competed.

Have a look at the ARA There are a few clubs in London are gay friendly.

Good luck and keep up posted.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the heads-up.

I believe Orion RC has now officially folded (possibly because they didn't re-register with the ARA, or something like that)  It seems a great shame as it's always nice when you get a group of guys (and girls!) together who all want to train & compete and are enthusiastic...

I'm thinking of checking out Furnivall RC (which I believe was the original home of Orion) in Hammersmith - Brian (the moderator of GLRF) had reccomended Thames RC in Putney but I don't think I'm quite up to their standard just yet :o)

If you ever want to go for a row, drop me a line!

Thanks again for the tip,

Mark